Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Christmas Series - Merry Christmas - March

Hello! 

I have decided that this year I was going to try to do my Christmas cards through out the year. I sent a lot less cards than I wanted to because I waited till the last minute and just couldn't make enough cards. For 2017 I am going to be doing a set of Christmas Cards each month. . .


Here is my set for March. . . . 



For my March cards I did some resist embossing. I took water color paper and double stamped one of the frame stamps from the Strawberry Jude Stamp set tag It: Christmas. I used Versamark and clear embossing powder. After I heat set that I used my watercolors and  covered the panel in different shades of green.



After the water coloring dried I took the Merry Christmas sentiment form the set and stamped it in a dark green. Then I die cut it with an stitched oval from Lawn Fawn.



For my base panel I have these white papers that are embossed with a design, I picked one that kinda looked Christmas-y and used the largest LF stitched rectangle die to die cut it. I attached my green oval to the front. I dug through my Christmas decoration stickers and found some embellishments to put on the front!



I like how these ones turned out. . . I actually had to do the green part twice. The first time I tried to use a glittery embossing powder but it didn't work out that well!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:


Seasons Greetings : Wet or Dry Embossing




Now, Get Out There and Create Something Amazing!!


3 comments:

  1. Fawn, all of these cards are so nice. I didn't know about the Christmas Challenge until I saw it on your blog. I was in a similar challenge a couple of years ago, but it dissolved. I wondered where I could find another. So thanks for your inspiration. See you on Facebook! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Idea... I started doing 1 holiday card a week since Jan 1st... Same reason.. Wanted to have mine done before Christmas! LOL Your card looks amazing! I hope you can keep it up... you'll be glad you did! Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Season's Greetings. Good Luck. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Season's Greetings DT

    ReplyDelete