Monday, February 13, 2017

Hello


Hello!

I saw this cute jar from Strawberry Jude Stamps and thought it would look great on a shaker card!






First I stamped and clear embossed this adorable jar of jelly. I just used Distress inks to watercolor it. I mixed candied apple and picked raspberry for the jelly color. For the strawberry itself I used candied apple and barn door and mowed lawn and forest moss. I decided to make the top grey so I used pumice stone and a little bit of hickory smoke. Then I fussy cut it out so that I can attach it to the front of the shaker part.




I cut out my pieces for my shaker part, bottom layer, top frame and acetate window. I used two circle dies to get these pieces. I don't know what the sizes are but out of a nesting die set I picked the size that my image would look good on and then I also used the die that was two sizes bigger, so I skipped one die. I did this so that I could create my top frame by die cutting both dies at the same time.


 I attached the acetate piece to the frame top, amazingly that is the part I forget to do the most! I then attach a double layer of foam tape to the frame. If you take the adhesive barrier from both sides of the foam tape it makes it bendy so it's easy to place it around the circle neatly. I got together the bits I am going to put inside. I am horrible at judging how much filler to put in things, normally I have way to much or not really enough. I feel like if I spread out the mix and it takes up quite a bit of space than I am good. Obviously if it takes up to much space then there is to much mix and if you have lots of empty space then you need some more.


I used my sticker machine to put adhesive on my jelly jar and attached it to the front of my shaker piece.


Ok, so it is like almost impossible for me to leave white space. . . So I used my leftover color from the jar to splatter my card base.


Once that was dry I attached the shaker piece to the front of the card and stamped this hello sentiment from the same set in the corner of my card.

All done!

I love doing shaker cards and think this one turned out pretty well!

Thanks so much for taking time to visit the blog!

.Now, Get Out There and Create Something Amazing!!
 Fawn


2 comments:

  1. What a good idea to turn the jar into a sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks adorable! Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete