Tuesday, February 16, 2016

You're A Star

You're A Star

My Card. . . A fantastic little graduation card. 



I used the Lawn Fawn So Jelly Stamp Set



I stamped and clear heat embossed the starfish from the stamp set then colored him with some Distress Ink. I cut this super cute graduation cap with my Explore and colored the top with a wink of stella glitter pen. I colored the tassel with Distress Ink in Fired Brick. He is adhered with a piece of square foam tape.



I created a rainbow stripe patterned to go on the side of my card, I taped off a full sized panel and used Distress Inks to color the stripes. Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves. When I had this ideas I was hoping that I had the right colors and I was lucky, I had the perfect colors! I cut a 3/4 inch stripe for the side of my card. I added a stripe of silver glitter tape cuz I need the sparkle!!!!




Instead of using just plan white paper for the background I dug up something that had a design so it wouldn't be so flat. I then also flicked some Fired Brick droplets to pull the red from the rainbow stripe. I added some red jillibean adhesive sequins and finished by putting on a few Lawn Fawn Lawn Ornaments Wood Veneer Stars and painted them with the Fired Brick as well, Which worked perfectly!

I can't wait to use those cute stars again now that I know I can make them any color I need!




See you next time!

Fawn






2 comments:

  1. This card is so adorable! I love the sentiment with the starfish, and the colorful stripes down the side is amazing! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute layout and I love the graduation hat on the starfish!! Thanks for joining us at the Lawnscaping Challenge! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete