Monday, February 1, 2016

Hello Friend - Anything Goes - SSS Wednesday Challenge

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday 1/27/16 Challenge

Anything Goes

 Check out the blog here! Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog

My Card. . . . 

I used a base panel of watercolor paper just because I wanted it to be nice and sturdy, and added a panel of Lawn Fawn Jack - o - Lantern diagonal stripe cut to 5.25 x 4 and centered it on my base panel with a strip of blue slightly off set.

My white circle is also watercolor paper cut with a circle die. I did some blue watercolor using Distress Ink in Salty Ocean, I used a straw to blow around puddles of color, and also added some orange flecking with Color Box Cat Eye in Orange. I think I liked this technique better then the ink smooshing.



I used the jellyfish and starfish from the Lawn Fawn So Jelly stamp set, stamped in SSS black dye ink and clear heat embossed. I colored those in also with Distress Ink, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire for the jellyfish and Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade for the the starfish. I also added a few layers of clear wink of stella, hard to tell in the photo.



I used two Simon Says Stamp sentiments that came in the SSS card kit from the Hello Beautiful stamp set. I used the Hello, from the Hello Beautiful stamped in Versa Mark ink and white heat embossed and then the Friend Stamp, stamped in SSS black dye ink and clear heat embossed. I colored it in also with Distress Ink, Salty Ocean, and also added some orange flecking with Color Box Cat Eye in Orange.

I ended with some white glitter enamel dots and a few circle stickers in coordinating colors. Those are my favorite embellishments, Sticko Dimensional stickers - Dots, whenever I find them I buy out whatever there is, which isn't very often. I find them online but they are like $10 a pack!

I really like the colors on this card and adore this little jellyfish!

See you next time!

Fawn


Products used:

 







1 comment:

  1. Adorable card! Such sweet images and a wonderful design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete