Saturday, May 21, 2016

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS - NEW RELEASE - OUTER SPACE

You're Out of This World!



So I had to use the Comet sequins and with a name like comet you think outer space!



I used the Craftin Desert Divas new release stamp sets Adventure awaits and Adventure Land. I also used the SVG outlines, I love those! It's great to be able to cut the images without a die set. The fact that you cut first just makes stamping them a little more precise.



So I used the SVG outlines and cut them out with my Cricut Explore and stamped them with Simon Says Black ink. I colored them with two methods, Tombow brush tip marker and some water coloring with Distress Ink, Peacock Feathers and Ripe Persimmon match the Comet sequins perfectly!




I created a universe panel with the Distress Ink and used an oval die to create my shaker window, I used the cut out as the background to the shaker. I put the UFO in the shaker but adhered it to the shaker area so it wouldn't move around. The rocket, planet and space dude were put on the front panel. I stamped the sentiment in Dew Drop Starlite Silver Brilliance ink and clear heat embossed it.



This card went through a lot of changes so I am glad that it turned out as good as it did.

I am so excited to use the rest of the new release, it is so cute! Find it here!

Thank you and See you next time!

Fawn

2 comments:

  1. This is so very cool!! I would love to know how you created that sky... is there a tutorial out there somewhere? You made it look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I watched you tube videos but this is the one I liked the most. https://youtu.be/Q8r_d_IB4mA I start with splotches of the colors I want, then go in with the dark blue, which is the chipped sapphire in the distress Ink and then I use black all around the edges and on the inside, but don't cover all the blue. I think that is really what makes it look good. It takes lots of layers and kinda looks crappy until it dries so be patient! Then I just flicked on some thinned out white acrylic paint, old toothbrush and small paint brush.

      Delete