Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Craftin Desert Divas - Linky Party - Create a Scene

Craftin Desert Divas




Ahh! I love this card! I created my first slider card! 

I used the pirate images from the recent new release from Craftin Desert Divas, Adventure Awaits and Adventure Land. I used the SVG outlines on my Cricut Explore to cut the images. I just got a mini Misti tool (like on Monday!) and used it to make sure that my stamps were centered properly, It is great and it worked perfectly! I colored them with Zig Clean Color Markers.

My base panel is where my slide is so I cut two card sized panels of the same color and used the Lawn Fawn slider dies. Then I just took a penny and used foam to attach the ship to the front of the  penny with the penny in the back. I think I may have used a piece that was a little to thick as it skips in its motion a little bit, next time I will make it thinner. I used two layers of foam tape to give the penny enough sliding room. I just love it!

I used a Lawn Fawn border die for my waves cut from some pattern paper and put a little salty ocean distress ink on the edge to help them stand out. I also did some glitter embossing on the waves. I added a few little beach items from Lawn Fawn that I already had colored and laying around. 

I attached the Pirate with sword and map with foam tape and placed the treasure chest flat on the panel. I couldn't call it complete without adding some sequins! 



Thank you and See You Next Time!

Fawn







6 comments:

  1. Fawn, this is so amazing!! Great work on all of the little details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! I think I need that slider die....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fawn I ADORE and am in LOVE with your wonderful creation !!! This is awesome !!! I am so glad you joined us at Craftin Desert Divas for the Create A Scene linky party ! I hope you join us again !!
    Hugs&Blessings,
    Mayra DTM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic card.. Thank you for sharing this with us ladies over at Craftin Desert Diva's..
    Hugs
    Nanné CDD DTM

    ReplyDelete